How does this privacy notice relate to other privacy notices?
This privacy notice explains how we use your data in relation to your signups with IoTIoT.in . Occasionally you may be asked if you would like to stay in touch with us and consent for your personal details to be retained and used to communicate with you (in accordance with your stated preferences).
What personal data will be processed?
The personal data we process will be:
- The information you provide in the form to register for an activity or by other means such as in an email or over the telephone:
- your title, name, and full postal, email or telephone contact details;
- your job title and role;
- dietary needs.
- For certain activities we collect information about you from publicly available sources and this may include photographs. This information will be provided to the host(s) to help with completing services related to the activity.
When using video conferencing applications such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams, your name, user name, email address, your computer’s IP address, MAC address and device name may be collected.
What is the purpose of the processing?
IoTIoT.in will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To reserve a place for you at the activity/event(s) you desire to attend;
- To provide you with information about the activity/event(s) for which you have registered, that includes updates, and possible changes, cancellation or similar information;
- To provide you with information about accessibility, transportation, parking, etc. that may impact on your attendance .
- To fulfil and monitor our legal responsibilities, for example, under public safety legislation;
- In accordance with your preferences, to communicate with you about other events, news, and opportunities at IoTIoT.in
When using video conferencing applications, such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams, personal data such as your IP address and device name may collected by the companies who own these applications in order to schedule and create a record of meetings, improve and tailor your experience when using these applications. Where video conferencing applications are used to record meetings, personal data captured within the recording are stored within the cloud service owned by that company. Where recording is taking place, you will be notified at the beginning of or as you enter the recording session.
Data held and used by IoTIoT.in may not be compliant with GDPR. Personal data stored by a service provider within the cloud may be stored outside of the European Economic Area.
What is the legal basis of the processing?
We ask for your consent to process your personal data for the purposes set out above, and you can withdraw your consent at any time, except as set out below.
When we use your data we do so on the basis that this is necessary:
- In the public interest; or
- For scientific or historical research or statistical purposes; or
- For the purposes of IoTIoT.in legitimate business interests (for example, in order to manage and develop its business).
We will only process your Special Category data (sensitive information about you, for example any allergies or other dietary requirements) with your explicit consent or if it is necessary:
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Very occasionally, when it is needed to protect your or another person’s vital interests and you are not capable of giving your consent (for example, in an emergency);
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
As a rule all data is only held within IoTIoT.in
In case of co-organised activities /events we may share some of the information with external organisations providing services for the event you are attending, in particular we may share your information (including dietary requirements) with catering service if you are attending an event where catering is offered.
How long is your data kept?
The information you provide when you register for an event will be kept for 12 months after the event has occurred.
Your rights in relation to your data
Any email sent to you will have an option to withdraw your data from our records .You may choose to do so anytime you wish to when contacted.